Major Changes in 2020 - Michigan Auto Insurance
No Fault Changes - What You Need To Know
- Effective for renewals and policies issued July 2, 2020 and after
- You will receive a packet of forms to be signed & returned approximately 90 days prior to your auto policy renewal date (for example, July 2, 2020 auto renewals will receive their packet around April 2, 2020).
- In the packet you will see multiple options for PIP (Personal Injury Protection) to choose from. This packet will include all options, requirements and pricing for each level. The current levels being offered are: Unlimited, $500,000, $250,000, $50,000 and Waiver of PIP.
- Bodily Injury minimum limits are increasing as well from the current $20,000/$40,000 to $250,000/$500,000. If you would like to go lower then the $250,000/$500,000 bodily injury limits (lowest you can possibly go is $50,000/$100,000) then you will need to complete and sign another form that will also be sent to you 90 days prior to your auto policy renewal date.
- The Mini Tort coverage is increasing to $3,000.
- The MCCA fee is being reduced by at least $120 per vehicle per year.
- If you are the named insured on your policy and either of the following apply then you must let us know as coverage may be reduced or denied based on the new law:
- Someone lives with you who is not a relative
- Someone named as a driver on your policy is living somewhere other than your home
Please let us know if you have any questions - we are here for you.
You may reach us at 517-787-0077 or via email at email@example.com